your holiday guidebook
A bit of local knowledge, classic tourist favourites, and some new and noteworthy places for you to explore…
C O F F E E
This list changes every now and then, but there are a few places we'd really love to share.
• Black Market Espresso on the River Esplanade
• The Good Bean opposite the Mooloolaba Surf Club
• The Red Shed on Burnett Street
• Via Italia on the Mooloolaba Esplanade
• The Shot House on the Mooloolaba Esplanade, just on the edge of Alexandra Headland
B R E A K F A S T & B R U N C H
We are blessed with a wide variety of restaurants offering delicious day menus.
• CK Coffee Bar & Wholefoods can be found just off the Mooloolaba Esplanade, along Brisbane Road. CK is a very popular place for locals, being equally delicious and nutritious and having great options for everyone!
• The Velo Project is tucked away on Careela Street, away from Mooloolaba’s main drag. This one is a hidden treasure.
• Chances is a tasty new addition to Mooloolaba and sits at the freshly renovated Mooloolaba Wharf.
• The Mooloolaba Surf Club is perfect for weekend brunches with their stunning views of Mooloolaba beach.
• The Alex Surf Club is also a great breakfast on the beach and is only about a 10-15 minute walk along the Esplanade.
S E A F O O D
Mooloolaba has many options for amazing seafood. To help narrow some options down for you, we’ve compiled a small list of some of our best local fresh and cooked seafood.
• Mooloolah River Fisheries / Mooloolaba Fish Market is located in the corner of the park at the end of Parkyn Parade. Not only are they the Sunshine Coast's largest seafood retailer, but the Mooloolaba Fish Market offers their day's catch of local, wild-caught seafood to the public so you can enjoy the freshest seafood on the coast. Make sure to have some headless green prawns and mahi mahi.
• See Restaurant is a classic favourite of fine dining over the water of the Mooloolaba Wharf with a gorgeous modern Australian seafood menu fresh from the local fishermen.
• Fish on Parkyn is a beautiful Asian-fusion seafood restaurant with non-seafood and vegetarian options also available on their menu.
• Saltwater Fish and Chippery is a brand-new edition to the Mooloolaba Wharf. Check it out to experience an upscale version of a classic fish and chips shop and gorgeous views of the Mooloolaba Wharf.
• Debretts can be found just past the Yacht Club on Parkyn Parade, enjoy their fish freshly cooked on hot plate in garlic butter.
( M O R E ) R E S T A U R A N T S & E A T E R I E S
More of our favourites that we had to include on this list... whether you're in the mood for takeaway or dining in, we've got you sorted.
• Bella Venezia can be found along the Esplanade, and has won a number of awards for their cuisine.
• Augello's Ristorante & Pizzeria has won many awards for their amazing modern Italian cuisine and unique pizzas. Located along the Esplanade.
• Lemon and Thyme is a vibrant restaurant and bar that has outstanding options for everyone from meat lovers to vegans.
• The Mooloolaba Yacht Club just down the road serves a delectable meal with a great view over the water and of the big, beautiful yachts. Child friendly with the small playground for the little ones.
• Gainsbourg has been considered one of the best restaurants in Mooloolaba with it’s alfresco breakfast and lunch dining and is now open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday for diner! Located right on the Mooloolaba Esplanade.
• Thai Lotus on Brisbane Road gives you the option for dine-in as well as takeaway with their traditional Thai cuisine - one of the best Thai restaurants around.
• Crumbed or Naked is on the Esplanade, with almost everything from traditionally made falafels, to burgers, to fish and chips, to chicken schnitzel wraps. Great for taking away to sit at the beach and enjoy.
M A R K E T S & S H O P P I N G
From fresh produce and the necessities, to clothing, souvenirs and more, Mooloolaba’s got it all.
Coles is only about a 10 minute walk from Parkyn Parade.
There is a chemist on the Mooloolaba Esplanade, and another right next to Coles.
A post office is located just off of Brisbane Road close to the Mooloolaba Esplanade. You will find a huge variety of shops along the Esplanade - if this is not enough, the Sunshine Plaza is only a short drive or bus ride to Maroochydore!
• Mooloolaba Esplanade Markets on every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
• Cotton Tree Markets on King Street, every Sunday morning
• Kawana Farmers Market at the Kawana State School on Saturday mornings
• Fisherman’s Road Markets in Maroochydore every Sunday morning
• Eumundi Markets are a big tourist attraction in Eumundi (about 1 hour drive), taking place every Wednesday and Saturday mornings
BWS at the Wharf or next to the Mooloolaba Coles.
Dan Murphy’s at Nicklin Way, Kawana.